Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Don't blurrr on my GiGi!

 As my older daughter was throwing shade on me one day after I paid her a compliment on her outfit, she said to my grand daughter, "Gigi always compliments when I'm either wearing her clothes or wearing something she bought me."  My oldest grand child, Kensington addressed her directly saying, "Don't blurr on my Gigi!" I was so delightfully defended with such passion from her little grandbaby heart. It made me feel validated and encouraged...in just one small, yet significant moment. I think I will never ever forget that.

Doesn't it make us feel so celebrated when someone steps up to defend us?  Yes, and I think, maybe that is how God is when the enemy tries to make us feel defeated and accused for areas in our lives we are falling short. Perhaps he stands up for us and says, "But she is mine, and I have covered her transgressions with the blood of the spotless Lamb." There is something so comforting when we know someone is standing up for us.

There is a song I was asked to lead a few weeks ago in our contemporary worship service. I agreed to learn it about 10 days prior to leading the song. The more I practiced and sang it, the more it rang in my heart. The day I stood up to lead our congregation in this song, every fiber of my being sang each line with conviction. It was titled "Defender". Here are the lyrics:

You go before I knowThat You've even gone to win my warYou come back with the head of my enemyYou come back and You call it my victory, oh-ooh
You go before I knowThat You've even gone to win my warYour love becomes my greatest defenseIt leads me from the dry wilderness
And all I did was praiseAll I did was worshipAll I did was bow down, ohAll I did was stay still
Hallelujah, You have saved meSo much better Your wayHallelujah, great DefenderSo much better Your way
You know before I doWhere my heart can seek to find Your truthYour mercy is the shade I'm living inAnd You restore my faith and hope again
And all I did was praise, ohhh, oh-oohAll I did was worshipAll I did was bow down, ohAll I did was stay still, stay still
Hallelujah, You have saved meSo much better Your wayHallelujah, great DefenderSo much better Your way
When I thought I lost meYou knew where I left meYou reintroduced me to Your loveYou picked up all my piecesPut me back togetherYou are the defender of my heartWhen I thought I lost meYou knew where I left meYou reintroduced me to Your loveYou picked up all my piecesPut me back togetherYou are the defender of my heartWhen I thought I lost meYou knew where I left meYou reintroduced me to Your loveYou picked up all my piecesPut me back togetherYou are the defender of my heart
Song by Francesca Battistelli and Steffany Gretzinger

No comments: